What is it with Americans and sex? We appear to crave it, are fascinated by it and simultaneously fear it with every fiber of our being. We use it in advertising to sell everything from automobiles to zucchini, yet often prohibit our children from learning about it, our teachers from teaching it, and ourselves from discussing it publicly in any truly meaningful way. Movies with extremely graphic violence and gore receive an R rating; depictions of erotic play between mature consenting adults often receive an X. Yet the fascination remains. What issue of Cosmopolitan doesn’t promise new ways to attract and keep your lover, to have bigger and better orgasms, to cook, clean, and dress for sexual success? What neighborhood bar isn’t rife with the boys alternately telling ribald jokes and creating a swaggering sexual mythos about themselves? Continue reading “From Ecstasy to Enlightenment by By Rev. Keith Hall”
“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender”-Emil Ludwig.
The depth of a kiss can say so much. It can open up the gateways to personal transformation, it can awaken you to a state or sensation of life that you have dreamt of or even tasted in a distant past life. A kiss can cause dimensions to collide and chakra’s to blast open. In the same turn it can cause pain, emptiness, bitterness and even a feeling of loss or disgust. Continue reading “The Power of A Sacred Kiss”
Sacred intimacy and love thickly filled the room from the moment I walked out of the moist bathroom into the candle light. There I stood freshly cleansed from all of the negativity of the day, wrapped in a white sheet, looking like a Roman Goddess. Duncan bowing his head in reverence to me, hands held in the honoring Namaste’ position. A soft exchange of words between us as he took my hands and guided me deeper into the Sacred space. As I looked about the room, I saw the flickering light of numerous candles, roses lined upon the massage table that was draped in white linen and a glass container of ceremony oil. My guide helped me seat myself upon the table then gently placed his hand on my heart chakra while holding mine on his. Synchronizing our breath’s we gazed for a moment into each other’s eyes. Continue reading “My Sacred Bodywork Session with Duncan Knight”
The earth has acknowledged many saints and prophets and as the central figure of Christianity. Jesus Christ is 1 of the most popular personalities. Who doesn’t know the story of his birth, persecution, death and subsequent resurrection? Nevertheless, there is a connection to historical Tantra to his story, as effectively. Do you wonder at this? Read on…
From the age of 13 to 29 decades, Jesus’ lifestyle is largely unaccounted for by Christian historical past. There are, in simple fact, elements of a resurrection or ‘rebirth’ even to this aspect of his lifestyle. Let a Tantra instructor to clarify the concept of this obscure truth to you.
The scriptures of Tantra record Jesus as a single of the 84000 avatars of the Almighty. An avatar, in Sanskrit, signifies a divine being sent down to pursue a certain spiritual mission. Continue reading “The Story Of Christ In Tantric Scriptures”
The True Fountain of Youth ~ Sex is Good for Your Health!
The bitter sweet realities in life, brought to attention through a glass of wine.
Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness said Carl Jung. Have you ever noticed that as you sip from a glass of full bodied wine that you gain both the happiness and the sadness within it’s very essence? The velvety texture of a good Merlot can make you feel as though your body has just slipped between satin sheets and come to certain a place of ecstasy. The warmth that fills your chest as it travels downward is as heavy and strong as a lovers hand pressing against your skin.
If you hold a glass close enough to your senses you can smell the sweetness of chocolate and berries. Causing a great anticipation of the moment it touches your lips and glides into your mouth. The saliva buds become active with the thought of this heavenly taste within your mouth.
Wine carries with it many precious celebratory memories of life season’s gone by. It holds hopes and dreams of a plentiful happy future. It has an ability to make romance a bit more sensual and sex a bit more intense. It quenches the thirst of the body and of the soul in a way that no other drink can.
With all this joy comes great sadness in a glass of wine. As with anything in life, there must be balance of the two.
Wine has a mood of it’s own. It stares at you in times of pain as you look down into your glass and laughs as we settle into those sweet memories that seem so distant a thing. In these moments we may find our senses grabbing hold of its bitter side. Feeling instead of warmth from it presence, fire in the chest. As if we were holding a dragon captive in the tower of our body.
It is in these times that wine can cause tear drops to form from our eyes and our heart to pound to the beats of a sadder drum. We may find ourselves pouring one to many glasses or skipping on the glass entirely and just sitting on the porch, bottle in hand. The rain must come down in life, in order for new grass to grow and flowers to bloom. It is as perfect poetry as the wine itself. The perfect balance of sweet and bitter!
Does Tantra help to achieve a full body orgasm? Can both men and women enjoy multiple orgasms? Does tantric lovemaking last longer? These questions are asked often by individuals who are starting on the tantric path, and they have as many answers as there are people asking it.
We were born with the gear for making love and pleasuring ourselves, but “having it” doesn’t mean that we know how to use it to its fullest. Hardly anyone was fortunate enough to be taught the art of lovemaking. Luckily it’s never too late to learn and expand… whether you are 19 or 90…
In ordinary lovemaking, the feelings, attention, and energy are focused mainly in one area: the genitals. The sensations in our genitals are delightful, however, by being focused on “down there” there is a goal and when that goal is realized, this particular sexual episode is over.
In tantric lovemaking, movement, breath, sound and presence are the keys to expand our ecstatic energy and spread it throughout the whole body. Using these keys allows the expansion of bliss and ecstasy rather than release of energy. This is what we call “orgasmic bliss”.
The body can actually contain a vast sexual energy, and when this sexual energy is built up and held in the genitals, release is inevitable – the point of no return. Instead, you can consciously decide to distribute your energy throughout the whole body, thus increasing the body’s capacity for more energy and more pleasure.
And why not continue going higher and higher in lovemaking, even to the point where there is so much ecstasy in the whole body that you become bliss and you don’t have to do anything to stay in bliss? This can be a spiritual experience – you become one with God, yourself and your partner.
The One Big O and Many Little o’s
Orgasm is defined as “involuntary redistribution of energy”. For example, a sneeze falls into this category. So does the One Big O. And so do the many little o’s that we experience throughout the day. Observe yourself. Do you feel a tremor in your body when you taste chocolate mousse or smell a fragrant, perfect rose? Those are more subtle little o’s and they can be triggered by anything that is pleasurable to you.
Generally, orgasm is associated with genitals, as in “the One Big O”. We all know the delicious feeling when we have a Big O – either through self-pleasuring or lovemaking with our beloved. An incredible release of energy happens, our mind stops, our body contracts and lets go, contracts and lets go, undulating in uncontrollable orgasmic spasms. This orgasmic movement feels good.
And it does not have to be related to the genitals. Perhaps you have experienced the following: after a Big O, you relax deeply, you let go completely. This deep relaxation is a conduit through which your orgasmic energy flows into every cell of your being. The sensations could be shivers, your body shakes a little, and you feel as if streams of electrical currents rush through your body like lightning.
The energy moving from the base of the spine upward is what we call a “little o”. This reflex, or the little o’s can be activated anytime, independently of the genitals; for example by smelling that fragrant rose, or enjoying that chocolate mousse mentioned above, or by sharing an embrace. This experience is healing for mind, body and soul, and by cultivating it, pleasure will be abundant in life.
We are blessed to have this phenomenon built into our body. Unfortunately, Western culture has taught us to repress pleasure and our ecstatic self. Knowing this, we can now consciously begin to enjoy the day’s many little o’s and expand all aspects of our daily life into a truly orgasmic experience. Begin to notice this energy, however subtle it may be, welcome this sensuous part of yourself and validate yourself each time you experience a little o.
Our motto is: forget about the One Big O and enjoy the abundance of the little o’s!
This is a repost from Institute For Exstatic Living
What do men wish women knew? That depends on the kind of man. We’ll look at the three stages men grow through as they evolve spiritually as lovers. At each stage, men want something different from women.
1. “My way or the highway.” You may recognize this attitude, or maybe your man has actually said these words to you. Some men want a woman to be obedient, and that’s that. We’ll call this kind of man a “me-man,” because his priority is getting his own way, being king of the castle.
2. “Let’s share our feelings and be fair.” When a man grows beyond his need to dominate a relationship, then he is careful to divide the pie evenly. He agrees to do the dishes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and you agree do them on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. He takes the children to school in the morning, and you pick them up in the afternoon. We’ll call this kind of man a “50/50 man” because his priorities include equality, independence, and sharing.
3. “Let’s open our hearts, surrender to love, and give our deepest gifts.” When a man grows beyond his need to be in charge and his need to create safety, then he has become a “heart-true man.” The priority in his life is no longer about self-centered achievement. Nor is his priority to create a comfortable home and a relationship centered on fairness. Instead, like an artist learning to open and express his deepest heart, his priority is to live as love and give his deepest gift. He wants to be with a woman who is willing to surrender, as he has, to the force of divine or sacred love. And this kind of openness can be risky business.
1. A me-man wants a woman to know how to give him physical pleasure whenever he wants it.
2. A 50/50 man wants a woman to know how to share her emotions with him, talk with him during sex, tell him what she likes and doesn’t like, and express her sexual desires freely. He wants to give her pleasure as much as he wants to receive pleasure. He wants to be careful so they both feel comfortable.
3. A heart-true man’s priority is not to give and receive physical pleasure or emotional comfort, but to dissolve with his lover in the ecstasy of unbounded love. He wants her body and heart to open so wide that he is drawn into her love, and through her love, into an openness of love without bounds. He wants to let go of his sense of separation and meld with his woman, opening with her as one radiant heart of bliss. In this vulnerable, unprotected embrace, he wants to consciously ravish his woman with so much love that she has no choice — that they have no choice — but to surrender open as infinite love.
DEPENDENCE, INDEPENDENCE, AND COMMUNICATION
1. A me-man wants a woman to depend on him, emotionally and financially, so he can feel good about himself and enjoy a strong sense of self-worth. Likewise, his woman wants to feel special, depended on for the pleasure, affection, and love that she gives her man. This is the least mature form of relationship, in which lovers are co-dependent, craving to be appreciated and seen as strong or beautiful in the eyes of the other.
2. A 50/50 man wants a woman who is independent and can stand on her own two feet. He doesn’t want to always be responsible for her, emotionally or financially, but expects her to be able to take care of herself. He wants “space” to live his own life, and he is more than happy to give her space to live hers. This results in a modern, 50/50 style of relationship, in which two independent people share a life together out of choice rather than neediness. Although better than a relationship of co-dependence or abuse, this 50/50 relationship soon begins to feel shallow and empty of passion, almost like a business relationship, although it is fair and safe.
3. A heart-true man doesn’t want a woman who depends on him. He also doesn’t want a woman who stands separate, heart-guarded, and independent. He wants a woman who has grown enough to surrender her boundaries of safety, allowing her heart to open and be absolutely ravished to its depth by love — sexually and in everyday life.
Although she can easily stand by herself, her heart yearns for more than the self-sufficiency she has achieved. Her enjoyment of heart-oneness is greater than her need for heart-safety. Her bliss in communion is greater than her need for deliberate communication. Her living art is to be free, surrendered open as her true power, the flow of infinite love.
Dependent neediness and independent self-responsibility were only stages on the way to this utter heart-fullness. She no longer needs a man’s love, and she no longer needs to give herself love, because now she is learning to open and live as love. She is learning to breathe love with every breath and offer love through every gesture. No longer waiting for a White Knight or her own success to save her, her artful practice is to live as a blessing force of love, with or without her man.
1. A me-man doesn’t like to be criticized. No matter what he is doing, he wants his woman’s support. Even if she has a good idea, he can’t receive it unless he convinces himself that it was his idea.
2. A 50/50 man respects his woman’s ideas and gives them as much weight as his own. If they disagree about something, he is very willing to meet her half way. This often results in a mutual compromise, so that neither partner lives true to their deepest heart desire, but at least they honor each other’s opinions.
3. A heart-true man knows that his life feels shallow unless he acts in alignment with his deepest purpose. He cherishes his woman’s criticism — he realizes that in many ways her intuition is far deeper than his own — but in the end he takes full responsibility for his decisions.
If his woman suggests something that changes his perspective, then he makes a new decision. But he never compromises his heart’s deepest truth in order to please his woman or “go along” with her. He knows that if he gives up his heart’s true decision to follow his woman’s, then he will blame her if she is wrong and feel disempowered if she is right, having denied himself the opportunity to act from his deep heart and grow from his mistakes. By listening carefully to his woman and then taking total responsibility for his actions, he is free to offer her love unencumbered by resentment.
THE MASCULINE MISSION
1. A me-man uses his woman to fill the voids of his life. When he is not working, watching TV, playing golf, or reading the newspaper, he is willing to “tolerate” his woman enough to get what he needs from her.
2. A 50/50 man is willing to spend time shopping and chatting with his woman, just as she is willing to watch football games and violent action movies with him. Sometimes he listens to her talking even though he is bored and uninterested. After all, he wants to be fair, and what she has to say is every bit as important as what he has to say. He is careful to set aside his current project and spend enough time with his woman so she doesn’t complain, even though deep down he may begin to resent her for distracting him from his sense of purpose.
3. A heart-true man’s priority is to open in love and give his deepest gift, just as he wants his woman to do, too. He doesn’t require that she sit through a violent movie if she has to close her heart to handle it, and he doesn’t want to be required to sit through a conversation if he has to fake his interest. Rather than blab about the day, there are times when he would rather sit in silence and gaze deeply into his woman’s eyes, or touch her with tenderness, or ravish her with loving passion.
A heart-true man wants to be with his woman without distraction, closure, or impatience. He spends his workday acting in alignment with his deepest purpose — financial, artistic, political, or spiritual — so that when he is with his woman he can offer his love undividedly and completely; he is with her wholeheartedly. She can receive his total presence, and he can receive her abundant radiance. He wants his woman to understand that even though she may be the most important person in his life, his life’s mission is not necessarily centered around, nor dependent on, their relationship.
1. A me-man wants to be nurtured by mommy and seduced by a vixen, so he expects his woman to cook, clean, and look sexy. To him, feminine radiance means nice cleavage, tight pants, and an alluring smile.
2. A 50/50 man wants his woman to share equally in all responsibilities. He’ll share with the cooking and cleaning as along as she carries her weight financially. He wants his lover to wield her masculine directionality while she smiles her feminine shine. He wants her to stay on schedule, meet her goals, and say exactly what she means while at the same time looking relaxed and radiant. She wonders, “How can he expect me to be an accountant, a word-warrior, and a goddess, all at the same time?” He wonders, “Why can’t a woman be more like a man?”
3. A heart-true man may do business with his woman, but he acknowledges that he isn’t with her for that reason; nor is he with her only for love, which he freely enjoys with his friends and entire family. He has uniquely chosen his woman to be his most intimate feminine source, the only person with whom he opens in full sexual expression and gifting.
A heart-true man understands that the most glorious feminine radiance is a gift borne of open heart, relaxed body, and fulfilled soul. Therefore, he does his best to create a sanctuary in which his woman’s love can bloom through a trusting heart, a blissful body, and a soul entered by his deep presence. Even if she is a corporate CEO, in their intimate time together he honors her deepest feminine desire, which is to open in love so fully, to surrender in trust so completely, that she is filled by the divine bliss that flows from her heart’s deepest chambers. He wants to open and surrender with her, so that her radiance bathes his life in glory as his presence swoons her naked soul in divine delight.
THE BOTTOM LINE
1. A me-man wants his woman to know how to bolster his self-image and pleasurize his body.
2. A 50/50 man wants his woman to know how to communicate clearly, stand independently, and be half-and-half, willing to change the car’s oil or remove the dead mouse from the trap and then wear lace and silk to bed.
3. A heart-true man wants his woman to know how to give her soul’s deepest gifts, and how to open her heart and body with him in a surrendered merger of unprotected fullness so they flow freely with, and dissolve in, the boundless love that is their heart’s deepest desire.
The Tantra attitude about sex is that sex is not a need. It is a cosmic experience, it is an experience of meditation. It is an instinctual return to our ultimate reality, one of the highest forms of meditation. In fifteen minutes to an hour or more of uninterrupted coitus, Tantra seeks a complete loss of the ego. Just see the difference. Freud says it is a gratification for the ego. And that’s how it has become, and Freud is not wrong. If you see the modern man, he is right. People go on making love just to prove that they are males or females, or what charming people they are, beautiful people they are. People go on finding new women, new men, just to prove that ‘I am still attractive.’ My observation of people is that they don’t fall in love. Continue reading “The Tantra Attitude About Sex”
I found this whole article VERY fascinating. One of the key points made in this below paragraph is exactly where today’s Western culture has delivered us. We have fallen from a time where sex, sexual healing, and living according to one’s souls path was praised and respected to a time where it has been suffocated and masked by traditional dogmatic religions calling it a sin. We currently live in a world where the majority of women fake orgasms, only have sex out of duty and if they dress or speak out in any fashion regarding their sexuality and inner longings they are considered sluts. As mature women with families this labeling can be even stronger within in our own little societal boxes. Our once friends, neighbors or even extended family members may brand us as a slut, whore or husband thief if we walk proud and embrace our own sexuality. Continue reading “Porn Wars: repost from Betty Dodson”